night walker

7 Oct

there is a green small blooming

of algae

that has come to the creek

that I walk over,

that I cross in the night

carrying my little baggie of bread for the turtles of all sizes

the blooming has covered the surface in chartreuse

which swirls now as the turtles swim beneath

oh, the mystery of a turtle’s mouth as it lunges

beneath the psychedelic dance of green

where to toss the bread becomes a guessing game

of chance, how can this night so much the same

as every night be a world transformed yet again?

no sky is ever the same

no tide rises to the exact same spot, ever

all pleasure is solitary and small and everything

there are so very few who could understand

how secretly happy I am, in the dark,

so alone

at last no one to tell about my small singular

exploding life

a woman is a blessed being

in her blossoming

which comes long after

anyone can see

yet her fragrance

is a powerful potion

blessing invisibly, generously

behind a gypsy grin and laugh

a twirling skirt of ascension.

10 Responses to “night walker”

1. VishalDutia October 7, 2017 at 11:59 am #

Nice One

2. Kelly Kuhn October 7, 2017 at 12:32 pm #

How very lovely.

Since waking, I have been in my old habit of obsessing over everything I have to do, rather than sitting in each blessed moment or feeling grateful for these things I have to do – most of which are bound to be pleasurable. This habit is a beast, and I have had much success in the past 2 weeks releasing the obsession – and the results have been so very lovely – but this morning I was back in it, grinding away in obsession and negativity.

You slowed me down and reminded me to breathe, look up from my mind, see what Life really is. Thank you!

• marga t. October 7, 2017 at 1:16 pm #

Oh yes. there with you in this dance. I’ve been experimenting with doing what I feel like. i am finding that the doing still gets done, just when i remember, it is done when i feel like doing it. today, I will see how it works with 40 essays waiting on my doing list. i hope the doing and BEing flow well for you today.So so nice to visit with you here, this morning, Kelly. Saying hello to you is what I wish to do this morning. 🙂

3. Michael October 7, 2017 at 3:10 pm #

There is nothing more exquisite than hearing the echo of our own heart in the world, and finally realizing the silence that makes it possible is flooded with presence. To be alone, in bloom, in a night that has never ever been… is there a greater glory? It is shared of course, even alone, it is all shared. (Just think of what those turtles are thinking!?!?)

Wishing you an ecstatic weekend.
    Michael

• marga t. October 9, 2017 at 2:16 pm #

All this ecstasy snuck up on me. I adore your own view of my heart and the shared presence. so rich! x m

4. mcaimbeul October 7, 2017 at 7:30 pm #

My dear M, you just went beyond BOOM and gave us a look into your ‘Forevers.’

• marga t. October 9, 2017 at 2:18 pm #

You have a way, M, of finding the right single word. I’ve pondered the word “forevers” for days, and it will continue; there is no other way.

5. cheyennepaints October 8, 2017 at 3:10 pm #

So nice to see you blossoming with the turtles and algae. Many witness the fragrance.

• marga t. October 9, 2017 at 2:19 pm #

Your visit here is a fragrant blessing to me, for sure. So very nice to see you. I wonder what Cheyenne is painting or capturing these days. x m