if i ever forget again, i’m putting this here to remember

27 Jul

Even leisure can be a to-do list:

___  get out in nature,

___  bathe,

___  relax!!!!

___  pet the cat,

___  listen to the owl,

___  go to yoga,

___  sit silently for x amount of minutes,

___  eat nutritious food,

but true letting go hammers no list.

Health comes in its own time with no terms.

Music is found under layers of clutter, cleared away.

No one was actually keeping score.

The list keeper is happy to turn the reigns over,

as long as she is

convinced

converted

at last

by the magic mother once again –

she is stunned into silence by a something larger

that she cannot understand.

She is silenced finally in

open space full of nothing

no appointment

no calls to make

no bills to pay

no food to eat

no person expecting…anything.

How many years does it take to clear space like this?

Many and none –

without a ready response

no sizing up

no plan

no worry

houses lost

clothes outgrown

a trillion cicadas clacking, mating and dying

while this body learned to have no clock

learned that needs will make themselves known

without having to cry –

a baby again

in the arms of such a large mother

as I can be to myself.

No other task was ever more important;

no job was ever asked.

111 Responses to “if i ever forget again, i’m putting this here to remember”

1. 5oh9 August 22, 2015 at 9:38 pm #

nice

2. WoodRtist August 23, 2015 at 1:11 am #

Im realy not a poetry reader, but this one was nice and it was very interesting.
    Nice work!

• marga t. August 23, 2015 at 1:27 pm #

I hope my poem is a gateway drug for more poetry for you 🙂 I visited your blog and realized that creating things with materials such as wood, metal and even shrubbery is its own form of moving and creative poetry, I think. Thanks so much for visiting!

3. Jom Ladan August 23, 2015 at 2:09 am #

Yay, even doing fun things can be forgotten. I totally agree with that. Sometimes It’s easier to sleep than to have fun.

• marga t. August 23, 2015 at 1:28 pm #

Sleep actually tops my list of fun things 🙂 Thank you for visiting!

4. LuLu August 23, 2015 at 6:58 pm #

This is such a cute list…I scribbled mine down earlier this morning. Its funny to see how much the world is alike.

• marga t. August 23, 2015 at 9:24 pm #

Humans and their lists 🙂

5. llallih August 26, 2015 at 8:33 am #

Reblogged this on llallih.

6. Lethica August 26, 2015 at 10:02 pm #

Please check out my work lnairpoetry.wordpress.com

7. Alamban 0.2 August 27, 2015 at 3:06 am #

Brilliant work

8. Camila Fontes August 28, 2015 at 5:21 pm #

Great post

9. rahasyah August 31, 2015 at 4:58 pm #

The title itself held my breath…. We usually listen to people saying life’s short make the most of it and all, and that life is counted in moments and moments are all that matters. It’s not important that we reach our destiny but how we make the journey , this beautiful blog has explained it so simply that not just a big dream but the little things done with a little more awareness that there’s no retake and this is all there is and this is most beautiful and magical. Thank you for reminding me of this which I have been hearing for so long yet not implemented completely …… Here’s to living for the moment.

• marga t. August 31, 2015 at 10:11 pm #

Thank you so much for your deep and thoughtful response. BEing in the moment’s flow – we remember together. marga

10. Paula Antonello Moore September 1, 2015 at 5:46 pm #

Incredibly imagined and expressed!

11. shainb September 9, 2015 at 1:03 pm #

just awesome

12. bitesizedharma September 13, 2015 at 8:12 am #

I don’t usually read poetry, but I really enjoyed this. There were certain lines that really made me smile with recognition. I’ll keep an eye on your work. 🙂

• marga t. September 13, 2015 at 1:32 pm #

Poetry has grown on me in recent years – so I understand the disinclination to read it. My curiosity is tapped now for Dharma in bite-sizes. 🙂

• bitesizedharma September 13, 2015 at 1:43 pm #

Maybe it will grow on me too. I suspect I am missing out!

I hope you enjoy my little collection of stories. My blog is only a week old but I have high hopes of it becoming a really great collection one day! 🙂

• marga t. September 13, 2015 at 1:45 pm #

You’ve been busy this week. I love it. I couldn’t find a “follow” button to click, but I will put it in my mind to check back!

• bitesizedharma September 13, 2015 at 1:56 pm #

Thank you! I’ll look into the follow button. It might be something I’ve done with the theme configuration knowing me!

13. vajpayee04 September 16, 2015 at 3:40 am #

This is a poem everybody should read. It touches each and every life.

14. Suzanne March 17, 2016 at 2:07 pm #